Monday, April 14, 2008

What can one blogger do?

Whenever I feel powerless to change anything, something like this comes along. I can help put Expelled high in the rankings. And get some real information out there. As Carl Sagan says:

"Science is more than a body of knowledge; it is a way of thinking. I have a foreboding of an America in my children's or grandchildren's time ... when awesome technological powers are in the hands of a very few, and no one representing the public interest can even grasp the issues; when the people have lost the ability to set their own agendas or knowledgeably question those in authority; when clutching our crystals and nervously consulting our horoscopes, our critical faculties in decline, unable to distinguish between what feels good and what's true, we slide, almost without noticing, back into superstitions and darkness."

Digg!

2 comments:

Dana Hunter said...

Bravo! Beautifully done! I think this is just the kind of thing Carl Sagan was worried about.

Makes me think we should hold candlelight vigils when Expelled opens...

Anonymous said...

Such a fabulous quote-